Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Samoan Language Studies

Kia ora everyone!

This term we are learning Samoan. We first learnt  a bit about Samoa, like how they love their dances, where they are located, and more.

Then we learnt the basic Samoan Greetings:

  1.  Fā = Bye
  2. Tōfā soifua = Goodbye 
  3. Talofa lava = Hello (Formal)
  4. Talofa = Hi (Casual
We are now learning the alphabet, and we were meant to make a DLO about the alphabet and how to pronounce each letter, but I was away when we were tasked to do so, so here is a small chart of the alphabet itself.
Image result for samoan alphabet
And here is the slide I made at the beginning of them term with a bit of info about Samoa in it:

1 comment:

  1. Talofa Isabella
    i liked how you listed that there is 200,000 people on the island and that you also listed all the greetings.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post