Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Binary to bracelet (Or Keychain !)

Kia ora everyone!
Today we did a bit of binary work.
We had a revision on basic binary, and ASCII.

First we had to spell our name out in Binary, then ASCII, and then we created them into bracelets or keychains.

My name is Isabella Smith, so I had to spell out my whole name, but only use my initials for the bracelet.
It was quite simple, each letter was a certain number out of the 26- letter alphabet.
I is the 9th number
And S is the 19.

Then we had to draw up a binary chart ;

16 8 4 2 1

to find out exactly how many beads we needed.

Orange for me represents the 1's
Yellow represents the 0's
& the red is the space.

I created mine into a keychain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post