Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Girls basketball CAntERbuRy's


Kia Ora!
This Monday (The 12th of August) a small group of girls from the Korimako hub set off at 8:15 in the morning to Pioneer Stadium where the Canterbury's basketball was being held, I was a part of that small group. 
Last term we had the zones basketball, and the top two teams got through to Canterbury's, we came second and South New Brighton came first, we bet them in our first game at zones, but they bet us in our last.
At Canterbury's there were different pools of teams that were to verse each other, South New Brighton were in a different pool to us, but we both agreed to cheer for each other, and if one team doesn't get in, hopefully the other does. (Thanks South New Brighton)

We played six games with large gaps in between them. I really enjoyed playing against St Josephs Rangiora, where we ended up tying, but they were really good. Next time I would probably work on sticking next to the player I was marking and not moving too far away from them.
I feel like I used the "R" resourcefulness the most, and helped my teammates a lot.
We won 3 of our six games, we tied one, and lost two.
We cam 4th in our  pool and 14th overall.


That's all for today! If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post