Pages

Friday, June 28, 2019

How to Duathlon (Not literally)

Kia ora everyone! A few months ago my friends and I recorded the schools duathlon, it was very stressful, but fun, I hope you enjoy!
*Click, Click, Click*
“FRIGGEN CLICk the checkbox! Cooper just ran past!” Zoe screeched in my ear as I hurriedly scrolled down the google sheet trying to find Cooper Cowles’s name. “Brooke Robertson has ran past now, it’s her third lap!” one spectator screamed at me.

“I’m not doing the girls! AND I’M NOT DEAF!” I turned to Zoe, and suddenly she look like my puppy does whenever he gets told off by my Mum. I patted Zoes head.
“Gold girl” I praised her, tempted to give her a treat. 

Zoe, Pandora, Sophia, and I were timing and keeping track of the positions. (It was very stressful) Suddenly, a stampede of boys raced past.

“ZAC MASON LOGIN TYLER MALAKI!” Zoe yelped, causing me to almost fall over in attempt to put my hands over my ears.
“Mason has already done another lap and you still haven’t checked it off!” Zoe growled, her face turning red along with mine.

“It doesn’t matter, I’ll just tick them off when they’ve completely finished the race” I sighed.

“AND Mason has won! His brother Logon coming right up behind!” A male teachers voice was heard from the other side of the school. 
“15 minutes 33 seconds! I’m pretty sure that’s a new record!” Zoe jumped into the air in excitement. 
“Oh gosh, calm down.” I nudged Zoe, and she reluctantly sat down.
“Sorry, I get a bit excited sometimes,” Zoe began to breathe in and out calmly, then Malaki ran past….

“OH MY GOD MALAKIS DONE WITH 18 MINUTES AND 20 SECONDS AS HIS FINAL SCORE!” Zoe belowed, smashing my computer's keyboard.

“Hey hey hey!” I frowned, picking up Zoes now frozen hand, taking it off my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post