Pages

Monday, December 16, 2019

SLJ Day 1 activity 1 (And Week 1!) Food and stuff .

Kia ora everyone!
For the SLJs (Summer learning journeys) day 1 first activity, we were challenged to make a list of ten food items we would take with us if we were going to go on a sea voyage for multiple weeks (Also considering the fact that there would be no refrigerator and/or freezer to store the food, and give an explanation on why we would take each item. This ended up being a lot harder then I first anticipated, and I ended up staying up till 9:30 PM finishing this, so my apologies if it seems a bit lazy.

Aloe vera: This can be used as a healing item or it can be made into a drink or food, it can also last for quite a while without a refrigerator.
Seafood: Although this needs to be eaten quickly, seafood is a good source of energy, and when your out at sea, it's not going to be hard to find and catch more to eat.
Nuts: Nuts can last for AGES before expiring, and most are very healthy, too.
Dried fruit: Although dried fruit contains a high amount of sugar, it's sort of self explanatory why I put it on this list, and just like the nuts, dried fruit can last for a very long time before expiring.
Honey: Honey also lasts for an extremely long time before it expires, and it is easy to store as well.
Crackers: Although after a day or two they might get stale, crackers are a good food to fill you up. And if all else fails, at least you have your honey you can spread on the crackers.
Food capsules: Food. In a capsule. Last for a long time. Looks and sort of tastes like a pill. I have no more to say.
Dark chocolate, marshmallows, and candies: Well they can all last for a long time, and they taste delicious. Anything else?

I created the terrible picture with a wacom intuos tablet and an art program called Krita.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Isabella, this is Kieryn from the Summer Learning Journey.
    Well done for participating in the Summer Learning Journey and creating this blog post about 10 food items you would take with you if you were going on a sea voyage with no refrigerator or freezer!
    You have come up with some awesome ideas of things you could take.
    Aloe vera is such a clever item to pack! I would never have thought of choosing an item which doubles as a healing feature so ka pai for your ingenuity here!
    Dried fruit, nuts, honey and crackers are all great additions also.
    What do you mean when you listed food capsules? Are these a real thing or have you invented them?
    If I were going on this sea voyage, I would pack peanut butter. I eat peanut butter every morning, and don’t think I could go a day without it! Plus, peanut butter is full of good, healthy fats and lasts a while before expiring.
    You have done an excellent job on your illustration for this blog post. I can tell exactly what each item is, and think it was awesome of you to label each individual drawing as well.
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kieryn, thanks for the comment!
    Food capsules might sound a bit weird, but after doing a bit of research, I found that they are real. "Food pills" As some people call them. I also just wanted to say that peanut butter is an incredibly good idea. I have to have peanut butter every morning too, it's so good! Almost engraved into my diet now.
    Again, thanks for commenting! :3

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post