Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Wild Book Covers & Blurbs

Kia ora everyone,
One of my reading tasks was to create a book cover and blurb for a book on Canva. I did mine on a book called "Wild Animus" by Rich Shapero. The blurb doesn't exactly give too much info on the book and is meant to make you have a lot of questions after reading it, sort of like the book itself. You don't exactly know what's going on until you read more.
I also apologize for the blurriness, I didn't really know how to avoid that when saving the image.
Have you ever read the book?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like the sound of that book Isabella, and the cover looks beautiful. If your goal was to have me asking questions and get me interested in the subject of the book, you've done that many times over. Well done! I'm really curious in the setting for example, and why it is now a bombsite? Is that a metaphorical bomb site? A REAL bomb site? I loved the use of the quote to give a sense of the author's language as well. I'll keep an eye out for that book next time I'm in the library or book store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Mr G, thanks for commenting! Well yes, beleive it or not, their small town isn't fighting any wars, however they are continuously getting caught in the middle of them, so all of their properties are being used for these completely different towns to fight on. The neighborhood also has some very toxic and negative people so that also went into their decision of leaving.
      -Isabella :))

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post